Sunday, December 5, 2010

Porable Lighting Workshop

My favourite weapon of choice at the workshop

We tried a unique technique using a Rear Flash sync and just zoomed in-out of our subjet

One of our Flash Units, Vivitar with a Soft-box and Cybersync transmitter and receiver. 



Mike Roxas
 
Mike Roxas and his Canon 7D shooting 

Using a cut-out piece of cardboard and a vivitar flash unit with a Blue Gel filter

(Our example model, Peter) we demonstrated a stensil style lighting

I was given a surprised EARLY Christmas present from my fiance. It was a Voucher, a PORTABLE LIGHTING WORKSHOP Voucher. LOL. This happened last weekend but I learned alot about the use of Portable Speedlights with soft-boxes and umbrellas. We discussed the famous sub-culture of Strobiest lighting. I think its wicked but not wicked for my pocket. So anything that will do the job right without hurting my budget is great. Our instructor, Len Van Bruggen is an award-winning photographer, owner and founder of Lens Factory

I met some local photographers who attended the workshop and we learned different styles and techniques about lighting set-ups and the camera we use. 

Check out the pics and feedbacks are always welcome. 

No comments: